The Rapid Response Service for North East Lincolnshire assesses people in health or social care crisis and co-ordinates a rapid support service that responds to your needs.
The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and aims to treat and support you in your own home, reducing the need for people to be admitted unnecessarily to hospital or nursing /residential home.
The service includes:
- Assessment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Team based in A&E to facilitate support in the community to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions.
- Specialist overnight care team for people with advanced progressive illnesses
- Medical supervision and assessment
- Direct access to a 24 hour crisis Intervention team which includes a visiting night service to ensure people remain stable and safe at home.
Rapid Response is made up of multi skilled practitioners, identifiable by their light purple uniform:
- Nurses (Including Independent Nurse Prescribers)
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Assistant Practitioners
- Social Care Responders
If following an assessment you aren't able to remain at home you may be offered a short term placement in the Beacon Nursing and Enablement Unit or in a nursing or residential home.
Contacting the Rapid Response Service
You can refer someone over the age of 18 who lives in North East Lincolnshire or who is registered with a local GP, to the Rapid Response service by phoning the Single Point of Access phone line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Rapid Response is a 24-hour, 365 days a year service and can be accessed through the Single Point of Access on 01472 256 256.